First, we will have an initial conversation (phone or in person) to discuss your website goals and design preferences.
You will be asked to provide us with what we need to complete your site:
- CONTENT – We will need your content in electronic format (Word or Google Doc preferred). We are happy to connect you with our professional content writer for creating your content, or fine-tuning what you already have, so it’s in optimal format for the web.
- LOGO – We can design a logo if you need one, as we also specialize in Branding services. Otherwise, we will need your logo file. A vector file is preferred (.ai or .eps).
- IMAGES/GRAPHICS – We are happy to provide stock images for your website if needed. We will let you know how many are included with your website plan. We can also provide a photographer if you need professional photos taken of your business, products, staff, etc. We like to use a lot of visuals to break up your website and draw in your audience. Quality images make all the difference!
We will get to work on the design and send you a preview link of the homepage for your review within 1 – 2 weeks. From there, we will make any design modifications and continue with the rest of the pages.
Upon your approval and final payment, we will launch your shiny, new website!
- If this is a brand new website, your site will be live shortly after your approval.
- If this is a redesign of your current website, it may take 24-48 hours for all DNS changes to propagate across the web.
Once your site is live, we are here to add/update content for you and continually improve your website going forward! (see What is an Update tab.) Just email a support request to us and your update will be made within 24 hours. Updates sent late on Friday may not get made until Monday.
Behind the scenes: We keep your website running efficiently by backing it up daily, keeping it secure, monitoring the server for any issues, updating WordPress/plugins/themes, renewing licenses, etc. You don’t have to worry about anything!
A signed contract and 50% deposit is required to start work. The remainder is due upon final approval and prior to launch.
The monthly support plan starts 30-days after signed contract. We will have our part done well within 30 days.
If 30 days have passed from signing of contract and we have not received all content, yet the initial design is complete, the full contract amount is due. We pride ourselves by doing our part in getting your job done in a timely manner. We simply ask that you do the same. 🙂
We gladly accept credit cards, cash or check.
Continually adding new content to your website is one of the best things you can do to increase your ranking and keep search engines happy. That’s why all of our website plans come with a monthly support plan that includes content updates! We’ll format your content to flow beautifully, and optimize it for search. No more do-it-yourself hassles! Just send us an email and we’ll take care of it!
Content updates are simply “small jobs” that we do for you. Some examples are:
- holiday hours
- upcoming event
- new products/services
- new staff
- swapping out/adding photos
- adding a new (standard) page
- updating a form
- adding a blog post or news item, etc.
We can even help you come up with blog ideas, or connect you with our content writer. We’re here to help!
Standard content updates do not include significant design changes or custom graphics. Those will be quoted separately.
There is not one easy answer to this, but here is a blog post we’ve written to help you understand what all goes into that. The best thing we can recommend in addition to having your website built to Google standards (which ours ARE!), is to get your optimized Google My Business (GMB) listing. Learn more about GMB below or get the full details on our Local Search Services page.